We use the following methods of freight for small shipments:
- Express Saver (Ground, 3-6 day service)
- Standard Overnight
- 2 Day Collect (payment is collected at the time the order is delivered)
- Pick-Up (customer may pick up their shipment at our warehouse in Kansas City, KS and save on all freight charges)
Equipment over 70 lbs. will be shipped by common carrier or vanline service (4-6 day service). Call one of our sales representatives at 800.444.1579 for a freight quote.
Alaska/Hawaii/Canadian and International shipments require special freight quotes.
Delivery options are listed below and should be discussed at the time the order is taken.
Some of our equipment is heavy and/or bulky and can’t be delivered utilizing normal delivery procedures. Therefore, Customers have the option of requesting “special delivery” instructions. There may be some confusion regarding special delivery services, the terms used, what services are actually provided and the associated fees. Therefore, we feel it is best to explain the delivery terms and the types of services.
All orders for COJACK Tables, Electric Lift Tables, Surgery Tables, Tub/Treatment Tables, Exam Cabinet Tables, 60″ x 36″ and 72″ x 36″ Double-Door Kennels, Cat Condos, Run Systems and all Mobile Transport Kennels will automatically be shipped with “Inside Delivery–Call for Assistance” Instructions. We recommend you consider using “Inside Delivery-Assistance Provided” as these items are extremely heavy. (Universities and government agencies are excluded unless expressly specified).
The following terms explain optional services available through commercial freight lines. There will be extra charge for the services noted below under items 2, 4, and 5 which will be added to your invoice.
Call Before Shipping
- Call Before Shipping – A Shor-Line representative will call Customer before shipping the product from the factory to ensure the Customer is ready to receive the equipment. This is primarily used for new clinics that will be opening or customers with irregular working hours.
- Call Before Delivery for Assistance – Trucking company will call Customer before delivery so that Customer can make arrangements to have adequate personnel to lift item off the truck and carry within the clinic. But the driver is not required to assist in unloading item off the truck. The driver is only responsible for getting the product to the rear of the truck. (Adequate “Call for Assistance” personnel must be at least three people that are able to lift heavy equipment.)
- Inside Delivery-Call for Assistance – Trucking company will call before delivery so that Customer can make arrangements to have adequate personnel to assist the driver in taking the equipment off the truck and carrying it into the clinic. (Adequate “Inside Delivery” personnel must be at least three people that are able to lift heavy equipment.)
- Liftgate Service – For items that are too heavy and cumbersome to safely lift off the back of the truck.
- Manpower – Manpower to unload equipment can be provided to unload on vanline orders.
All optional services must be requested at time equipment is ordered and will be reflected on the Customer Order. Optional services requested by the Customer will be billed with the order by Shor-Line. Bills-of-lading will carry the following statement: Any Additional Charges Will Be Paid By the Customer.
Please be aware that these delivery services are optional and must be requested at the time the order is placed.
Note: Keep in mind that if the truckline is unable to make delivery and there are no special delivery instructions, the redelivery charge will be billed to the customer.
Call our Customer Service Department (1.800.444.1579) for the fees associated with these services. Contact our Traffic Department toll-free at 1.800.444.1579 for questions.
*These product delivery terms are for U.S. and Canada. For other countries, contact your Shor-Line distributor for local delivery terms.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Call Us at 1.800.444.1579